Thursday, March 23, 2006

feeling like i like feeling, or fun with palindromes

I love Zero7.

So earlier this morning (well, yesterday) my brother came home. Actually, probably about 24 hours ago on the dot. He was plastered, put a pizza in the oven, then forgot about it and passed out. Fortunately my dad got up a half hour later, and noticed the pizza before it caught fire.

Tonight, my brother called and said he got a flat tire up in Loch Raven, and misplaced his housekeys, and told me to unlock the house. Fun, because I was at Shelly's, and then had to take Francis back to Abingdon. There really wasn't any vacancy in my schedule to go let drunky mcdrunkerson in. Fortunately he did find his keys; I walked in, to find him hunched over a bowl of stew on the couch, drooling on himself.

I thought his visit/return would be frustrating. I thought I'd be reminded of all the wicked things I usually think about him in his absense. But rather than being frustrating, his return is serving more as pure, unadulterated entertainment. If he can manage to curb that nasty habit of setting our house up to burn down, then I say he should stay for a while. It's really like Christmas. Every stupid little thing he does is like opening up a new DVD. I'm waiting with bated breath for the DVD player to be unwrapped.

But yeah, I saw Francis again, which I enjoyed, like last time. The question was posed as to whether or not we're "officially dating," and the answer was, "we're seeing where things were going."

A cookie for the person who can correctly tell who said what.

Ooh, and thus the fun with "like" and "feel" begins.

While I do have an aversion to "official" anything, I do like where things are going. I like how things haven't been rushed. I like feeling like they're not going to. Innocence and wonder are attractive and beautiful things. I feel like my sense of wonder could use some company, maybe a little rejuvenation. I feel like even though my innocence scabbed itself over with cynicism long ago, and even though I protect myself via deliberate detachment from what I perceive to be others' opinions of me, none of that really matters... I like the stirring of warmth underneath my weathered, cold, day-to-day psyche.

(i desperately wanted to use "tabula rasa" up there, but i couldn't in good conscience put it in there in a way that wouldn't flow, so just let that be known)

I like feeling new.

(DB) out.

No comments: