Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Feel the crush of my beef curtain!"

so, i was just listening to the The Mopod Show and they just talked about a woman who repeatedly called the cops, reporting she had a midget infestation in her house. And according to the show, the woman died of natural causes, and her son actually caught a midget in the kitchen. They'd been living under her house, coming up to the kitchen to steal food.

This is unimportant, but I feel like I should wax poetic about it. And, knowing who I work for, I should be the last person taking up in Microsoft's defense, but whatever. The Xbox 360 is a first-generation product. It's bound to have glitches. People should know this before rushing out to spend hundreds of dollars on one, not even knowing how well it's going to work.

So, I pose the following to America.

If you don't like it, return it. ENOUGH WITH THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS!

Seriously. We just got slammed with like eleventy billion lawsuits for iPod issues. And some of them, yes, better actions could've been taken. But come on. Nano scratches? It's going to scratch if you put it in your pocket with steel wool and glass shards, idiots. Even keys and change. Buy a case and get over it.

Now that I'm done with that... well, I don't know what to do with myself.

I wouldn't say this winter's been as depressing as winters usually are for me, I guess due to my efforts to remain comfortably busy. I work odd hours, and lots of them, and I guess that's alright with me. I feel like my interactions with friends have suffered, but it's not like they weren't suffering in the first place.

I've been kinda distracted from everything lately. Not in my typical "Ooh, something shiny!" form, but more along the lines of indecisive preoccupation. If anyone's read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, you might remember the fig tree story, and its significance. I'm somewhat in one of those situations now.

In synopsis: You can only choose one fig from the tree. They all look great. You spend so much time trying to decide which fig to pick, that they all rot and fall to the ground.

But this doesn't cover my situation completely. I spend a lot of time worrying about what to do, when I have no real need to. I know exactly how I'm going to react to any possible outcomes of the problem I'm encountering. I think I second-guess myself because the course of events is spread out over such a long period of time. So in summation, I say I don't know what to do, but i'm really just stressing because I don't know when I'm going to get the chance to do what I want.

Being confusing is fun sometimes.

(DB) out.

No comments: