Wednesday, October 19, 2005

hope for the future

I once asked myself the question, "If you could go back in time and tell your past self one sentence that might have made your future easier, what would it be?" My answer to that was, "Self, you'll start missing college classes because you were busy fixing your hair, so stop living a lie and make things easier for everyone."

I'm sitting in front of the cafe, waiting for my next class to start. Dave called me butt crack early asking for a ride to school, but I somehow didn't hear the phone ringing and realized it a half hour later. I feel bad, but what happens while I'm asleep is not my responsibility.

I was up really last last night looking over old photos and blog entries. I didn't know I had a blog before my last one. It was staggering to read how many of my posts were composed mainly of bitching and ranting about my parents. Or talking about girls. Hah. But of course there were a few nice little gems, so now, for your reading pleasure, some notable quotes from the past.

"i danced around like a horny ostrich in my underwear. i humped people, and cars. it was sexy."

"i have a friend in need, and im gonna be up that way picking up my tree frog from pam's anyway, so if i have to throw my pentagram in the glovebox and leave my goat's blood in the cupholder, it'll only be to swoop in, pick amma up, and bounce the hell out. god knows chilling in a Xian summer camp is gonna make me thirsty. mmm... goatalicious."

"ah, the zen of consumerism."

"Nobody wants to love 'America the Beautiful.' Seemingly it's a lot more convenient to love 'America the Victim.'"

"amma 'popped a squat' on a tree, and shelby mounted a tombstone and screamed "hail satan and his epileptic monkey." i sat there eating my chicken, wondering when the dead were gonna pop up and tell us to be gone."

in v1no veritas: okay, this is gross but innocent
in v1no veritas: you know the feeling where youve got like snot caught between the back of your nose and your mouth and you really want to spit but you can't
in v1no veritas: and then you suck and suck and it finally comes out of your nose so you can spit the godforsaken thing out?
LauroraMoonStar: hahaha
in v1no veritas: i LOVE that

"i'm getting quite tired of walking into biology and being told what invertebrate dissection is on the slate for the day. i wish we could go a few class periods without being surprised with a new stinky-ass animal to tear apart."

"By the end of my speech, you'll know more about the domestication of these delicious birds..." ~matt s.

"maybe ill go down earlier, and take the movies. or, rather, the one of the two that a guy can securely watch with other male friends... freaky friday, of course! ... yeah, no."

"one last thing: know it and know it well. these are the rules for my car.

1) wear your god damn seat belt.

2) dont be changing my radio! unless you ask, thats interfering with my driving mojo and people have been shot for less.

3) specify where the fuck you want to go!

4) im not transporting your booze in my car. unless im drinking it.

5) im not gonna drive anywhere if ive drank or smoked anything, so dont ask. ***sadly, this is the only thing that's really changed, only because of convenience factors.***

6) my window buttons dont work. fact of life.

7) im driving as fast as i can, okay? if you paid as much as i do for insurance youd understand why i cant take too many risks. ***This has kinda changed... usually these days, people are telling me to slow down.***

8) i am the only person allowed to put any new burns in my seats.

9) if you dont like the music you only get one complaint before you become annoying.

10) if you are forbidden to ride shotgun, theres a reason. take some time to think about what you've done."

this part added a few hours later
So in summation, if I could travel back in time and talk to myself, I'd also add, "Self, you're not going to change all that much over the next few years. Stop sweating the small stuff, because sadly, none of that's going away."

That and, I just checked my email and got one from my weight training teacher, saying she was sorry the class wasn't working out for me this semester. She also told me to switch it to audit, or withdraw, before the failing grade ends up on my transcripts. Looks like I owe Hopkins money now. Also looks like I might not ever be able to get my tuition grant again. My parents are probably going to kill me, and this could severely impede my college career in the future.

Oh well. As much as all the blood just drained from my extremities, and as much as I wanna freak out and get all nervous and drama-queeny, I'm not going to. Life will go on somehow.

(DB) out.

1 comment:

Louise said...

OH MY GOD-- so like, Danny boy? My name is L Dawg and I TOOOADALLY dig UR blogger!!! Mad props on the funny stuff-- and gosh, ur soo HOTTT!! Keep on rockin' the buick!!! ;)