Sunday, October 23, 2005

this is a liberating feeling

So, this past weekend, I've been so busy having fun that I haven't had time to write a blog entry. I know my obsession with fun sounds obnoxious, but from someone who generally only gets a tan in front of a computer screen, please, don't think too poorly of me for it.

The Bravery was awesome. Dave and I got drunk behind City Hall, not knowing that's where we were. He touched Sam Endicott (lead singer) and would not shut up about it. For hours. Then I got to hang out with Claire, which I don't do nearly enough. The hours at the show I spent burning off all the peppermint schnapps was for naught, because we ended up at a bar, where they didn't card people. I was irresponsibly drunk once again. We went to Denny's, and stayed for a while, and by the time the night was over, it was 5am. And I had to be up at 8:30 for work.

I'd never felt so miserable, and I'd never felt so alive.

Last night I went out to dinner with Tabby, and then we went to Dave's party. It was fun, but I had to leave after an hour because I got impatient and drank a ton of liquor before the already-stoned crowd decided to spark another blunt. So I was nearly sick, and got home at midnight. How insane is that? I had fun anyway.

BTW, Dave's a big whore and I have pictures to prove it, muhahahaha.

This morning, my parents decided they were going on their cruise, hurricane or not. So they left, and now I can have peace and quiet around here for a week. It's gonna be great, if not boring. I got to see Kay-star today, which is a rarety unless it's a Jewish holiday. That made me happy.

And so, all I have to look forward to is feeding my dog, and finding something entertaining to watch on TV. I wanna relax.

Unless someone calls me and asks what I'm doing, at which point I'll happily jump at the chance to go out, get crunk, and let the good times roll once again.

I was watching TV earlier and saw this girl Alison that I went to high school with, telling Mo Rocca that she can smell hot dogs from a half-mile away. Out of context it sounds really random, but it was in a sequence of him asking people really awkward questions, and she handled it just like she would any other question. It was cool and even though we wouldn't exactly be considered friends it made me happy to see it.

Oh no... the Myspace servers are going down.. Guess I'll soon start clawing at the invisible bugs all over my skin, fiendishly accosting passers-by, in the name of getting a fix.

You think I'm kidding.

(DB) out.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Woot! Im glad that you got to go to the Bravery!!!!!!!!