Wednesday, October 19, 2005

internet radio sucks.

Yes, indeed, I'm perusing the iTunes radio stations because my library is getting really, really beat these days. And I've found that all there is to do, with a thousand channels to pick from, is switch the station every five minutes when a crap song comes on.

So, today was: wake up, get ready for work, go to work, eat Hot Pockets and check Myspace, finish last half of work, to come home and check Myspace. And, you know, talk to people about important and profound things.

I've come to the following conclusion: regardless of how I feel about the circumstances of my life, there are a few basic facts. I am 19. I am young, in school, and working for pretty decent money. I feel like there's a whole lot more fun to be had than spending most of my free time on the computer, talking to people who go out and have fun. Not to say that there isn't a time and place for that, but most definitely not Friday or Saturday nights, which has been the mode of things lately.

Most of Baltimore is a violent, drug-infested shit hole. Which translates to, Baltimore has a huge night scene and there's definitely got to be something out there for me. I really wanna find it, because I'm tired of wishing that I could find it.

Random, unrelated resolution: I'm never taking 8am classes again. All classes are to take place after 10. At the very earliest. Although knowing myself, I'd just stay up later, sleep in longer, and miss them anyway.

It's been hours, and I still have yet to pick another radio station, that's actually playing good music. I should stick to making my own. (Or maybe give an Idle Vie CD a listen, since everyone else around here swears by them.)

These next few days are actually looking like they're going to be busy, and there might be time for social interaction sometime in there. I don't think I've had conflicting plans for a Saturday night in probably over a year. It's almost invigorating.

Somebody, tell me if you notice the following pattern: in the fall, everything starts to get more exciting, somehow. Maybe it's because it's colder and darker, and people tend to band together for warmth, figuratively and literally. I seem to remember every year being like that, in one way or another. I know "exciting" is a typical summer feeling, but my theory is, in the fall, everyone you're around and everything you do is somehow more meaningful. With or without the drugs and alcohol.

So I'm off to like.. vegetate, then fall asleep, then wake up, and repeat everything all over again. peace

(DB) out.

No comments: