Tuesday, October 18, 2005

i wanted "anti-space.blogspot.com," but it was taken.

Okay. So it's been since may that I've posted anything in any of my blogs. There have been reasons. The biggest one, which I think you are all familiar with, is MySpace.

MySpace, as defined by about 70 people on UrbanDictionary.com, is digital crack, digital heroin, an e-drug, or something along those lines. It takes over your higher brain functions, and can make you lose track of hours at a time. You scramble to somewhere with an open computer or a wi-fi signal, just to get your fix. And the worst part is, it's completely and totally legal.

So, I've decided (probably in vain) to start writing a blog again, because MySpace takes up way too much of my time. I find myself checking my profile at work, probably two to three times a shift. Just because there's nothing else to do. I plan my lunch breaks so there's enough room for food, and the ibook, so I can check my profile. It's absolutely disgusting. lol.

It's gotten to the point that I'm actually developing some sort of ability with Photoshop, just because I spend so much time editing MySpace pictures.

In the interest of saving time, if any of you read my last blog, it left off with things much, much different than they are now. In very few words:

> My job at Books-a-Million is no more. I up and quit that place about a month after the last time I blogged, which was like.. late May.

> I spent the summer doing absolutely nothing. Brad and I lived it up very cheaply, and took many small vacations. i.e., Jersey, Deep Creek, Ocean City, Philly, and Rehoboth, to name the notables.

> After a summer of scrounging and unemployment, I landed a job at the Apple Store, and I couldn't be happier.

> I'm going to CCBC/University of Rossville Blvd./Perry Hall Univ. again. I still hate going to school but it beats working full-time.

> Brad and I broke up about a month ago. Everyone seems to have several distinct sets of feelings about that, so I'll leave it alone.

> I'm finally re-learning how to play guitar. I wrote a song the other night, the first I've written since probably sometime last year. I want to be an artist, still, and usually, every time I get to the point where I'm in touch with that again, I start blogging.

> The Buick still survives, and is still in fact rockin.

Other than all that, not too much else has been going on. I've been kinda down about life lately, and I realize I have absolutely no reason to. Besides the fact that I'm a total tool for a virtual network of people that I usually talk to more in real life anyway. And the ones I don't talk to in real life have profile pics with no shirts on, and make me think I'm destined to die sad, fat, and alone. When really, I'll just die without having contracted myspaceherpes, which most of these guys are probably unwittingly spreading to each other.

Sad part is, this already had a definition on UrbanDictionary. I sent in a new one, just for poo-poos and ha-has.
So yeah. MySpace = the devil. Me = destined for obesity and solitude. Hand me the Bon-Bons and shut the door on the way out. (hah)

(DB) out.

No comments: