Friday, November 04, 2005

if i took a good look at the nobody in the mirror...

So, I was reading the old, old blog again and found this one set of lyrics that's really trite and semi-juvenile, but at least the hook for the song is as scathing and pithy as something I would write these days.

I haven't posted in a number of days, which is for a number of reasons. I've been busy, again reconnecting with friends I haven't seen in a while, and making new ones. All in all, aside from school drama, everything's been pretty satisfying this week.

+ a few giddy schoolgirl moments. Thank you, Myspace.

In an update on the one entry where I talked about getting together a group of aimless artists to have spontaneous coffee houses and then go home, รก la Burning Man, sans the desert and the drugs, I wrote a poem the other night, and I can totally see myself reading it at a coffee house with a smirk on my face. A few of you might have already read it, but if you haven't / you even care, ask me for it. Or just wait a few days, because who knows, I might start feeling ballsy and put it out there for all to see and then not say anything if they don't like it. Sometimes, I think out things like that too much.

I started this post not intending to write very much, but it's become apparent to me that if I set the zoom up on the screen, so that the text is enormous and the magnification follows my typing, it's a lot more fun to write. So I think I will.

But yeah, in very few words, I've got a hot date tomorrow night, about which I'm very excited. I had a hot date tonight, too, which was really impromptu, but satisfying anyway. It should take the edge off tomorrow night, because it won't technically be the first date. But yeah. Giddy like a little schoolgirl.

Oh, this also bears mentioning: I was upset to find out earlier this week that instead of getting a 20GB, fourth-generation iPod photo, I'll be getting a 30GB, fifth-generation iPod. Yeah, the one that plays video. Why would I complain about this? Getting a more current / cool version? Because the fifth-generation iPod no longer supports FireWire. And, unless I go out and buy a whole new computer, it'll take me approximately an entire weekend to transfer my whole music library to the iPod. That and, I've heard rumors that it won't even bother transferring videos over USB 1.1 (what I have) because it'd be too sinfully slow. That and I'm gonna have to invest in a wall charger, because USB 1.1 doesn't supply enough power to charge the thing, or so I'm told. But, I guess once I have the whole library transferred, I'll only be transferring a couple of songs at a time after that, so the slow connection might not be all that bothersome. That, and all my assumptions are based on hearsay.

God, I'm a dork, but it feels good to have typed something.

(DB) out.

No comments: