Sunday, February 05, 2006

He lives!

After a brief hiatus due to:

1) drama with Nameless Boy that held true to my probability predictions
2) a pretty serious crash involving trying to put ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag (iLife '06, 500MHz G3)
3) picking up my damn guitar

I've returned. NB is totally done and over with, and I've been sleeping much better because of it. My computer lives once again, but it's seriously time for a new one, which should be happening around tax refund time. And I've missed my guitar so very much.

The question of the week for me is, do I want to join a gym? Do I really need to spend money I don't have so I can go and run on a treadmill and play with fancy weight machines, both of which can be easily substituted with free, home-brew exercise solutions?

All signs point to no, but we'll see where my checking account (HAH) points, and that will guide the final decision.

In a matter of hours, I have to go down to Bethesda. And I don't trust myself to wake up in four hours, so I think it might be another Super Sunday for me- no sleep until around 11:00 or noon.

My stomach is grumbling, and I don't feel like spending money to fix that. Unfortunate, because my house is entirely devoid of food. Fortunately, a pack of cigarettes costs much less than a meal, and works as an appetite suppressant.

If I had an armband, i'd probably go running right now, because I need something to do and I feel like I've got calories to burn. But running around while holding a hard drive based iPod = really bad idea. I don't need to land myself at the Genius Bar again due to an ill-conceived idea that seemed much better before it came crashing down on my head, and all the devices that I'd readily sacrifice my spleen to protect.

Yes, he lives, but is he really living? That's for you to decide.

And now, for your regularly scheduled insomnia,

(DB) out.

No comments: