Monday, February 27, 2006

holy crap, this is awesome.

so, this is a dramatic milestone for me- I've never been able to keep up with a blog for this long. Well, not long, because chronologically, the last one is older. But as far as posting on a basis that borders on consistency, this one has them all trumped.

And it looks like Blogger decided to celebrate by making a widget, that hopefully works. If you're reading this, the widget worked.

Last week was a whole lot of boring, paired up with a whole lot of crazy. Highlights include a broken heater, Dave's sprained (but almost broken) ankle, three pots of coffee between the two of us, and going to Orpheus only to find out that while I ingeniously removed the X's on my hands, I forgot about the hand stamp that signifies "i'm over 21!" I then woke up to find that my mild cold had redoubled its efforts in making my head feel painfully detached from the rest of my body. At least, in the wake of all of it, I have a fabulous makeup job to look back on.

Things that are exciting: my having some time to do some songwriting tomorrow, because I don't work until later in the day, and my parents will be at work, and I'll have unrestricted access to the piano. giggity.

It's also been a considerable amount of time since I started this post. I got preoccupied trying to record a cover of "They Don't Know," by Tracey Ullman. Given that I haven't got access to a choir of joyful-sounding women, nor have I access to Garageband, it's largely Iron-and-Wine-do-Such-Great-Heights-esque.

Today, I spent way too much time on Myspace. I don't think I needed to sign in more than once. I hit "Reload" enough times to keep me logged in. That's pathetic. But, I did substantially update it lately, so you should check it out. And be my friend if you're not already. Think of it this way- if you're one of the regular readers who occasionally hounds me to update, Myspace gives you one more method of doing so. On that note, I'm going to bed- today's been pathetic enough.

(DB) out.

No comments: