Thursday, January 26, 2006

Blogger = still down

Blogger still shouldn't be down. I'd planned my day around the outage, making sure I wouldn't be anywhere near a computer, lest I'd be tempted to check for updates, or post one myself.

The soundtrack for right now is Zero 7. I haven't decided how much I like the album as a whole, but a few songs stick out in my mind as memorable.

However, far more memorable is Tracey Ullman's "They Don't Know."

But, my "Decommissioned Mixtape" playlist just got dusted off. (Not like it ever had enough time to collect dust anyway- I've probably renamed it an average of once every two weeks.)

The past two days have been filled with friends busting down my front door, demanding that I hang out with them. Not that there hasn't been some degree of prior planning- I'm just a heavy sleeper, and sometimes my cell phone isn't the best alarm clock.

Highlights of today included going to Arundel Mills, playing around with a video game that involved ceiling-mounted projectors and cameras. Think of it as kickball meets advertisement meets holodeck. It was sheerly amazing.

Then, we went to the Dollar Store and bought a collection of random items. We're now in the process of incorporating all these items into a game of sorts, and we've made a bit of progress. Also, ate ramen noodles that tasted of chocolate and caramel. ??? Yeah, I know.

On that note, adding Hershey's syrup to a spoonful of ramen is not as nasty as it sounds. Well, perhaps if the syrup is augmenting a flavor already present in the ramen.

MSG headaches, as evidenced by my status message for the evening, suck ass.

Despite today being less boring than others, and filled with simple amusement, I felt a little more numb than usual. I don't know why. Seeing all my friends reminds me of the first 20 minutes of Garden State, as if popping back up from a not-so-illustrious different life, and seeing everything blossom around me the way it once did. There's not much that's changed aside from the petty details.

Who's dating who, who lives where, who works where, all variations on a theme. But, who loves who hasn't changed. Who hates who hasn't changed. Who feels what hasn't changed at all. And who does what in their spare time could've been ripped from someone's LiveJournal, be it yesterday, or five years ago.

I'd make reference to feeling like I'm looking from inside a bell jar, if that wouldn't immediately conjure up too many Sylvia Plath images. But oops, I just did.

Right now, it's 4:17am and I should probably be getting to sleep soon. Whether or not this is actually the case, I feel like I've got a lot to think about. This is one of those days where I don't mind going to bed with a lot going on in my head.

(DB) out.

No comments: