Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Jan. 25 is Short Paragraphs Day

I started writing this entry earlier, and failed. I think I opened too many browser tabs at once, and closed them all without knowing.

Tonight I hung out with Jinah, watched Eddie Izzard, ate Chinese food with Louise et al., , then drove around in the countryside waxing poetic about life. Highlights include some deer and a really confused rabbit, who decided to run in front of us before choosing a side of the road to escape to.

We also got to drive through Loch Raven, which just recently opened back up from its four-year "construction" period. Word around here is that it wasn't actually closed for construction, because it closed immediately after a certain event on a mid-September day, about five years ago.

Why is it that I'm so paranoid about the powers that be, that I deliberately avoid using certain words, out of fear they'll be flagged and I'll have a file built on me, my phone calls, and what websites I go to, in the name of national security?

Well, call me paranoid, but given the whole "spying on the public" controversy, and now the subpoena for a record of all Google searches in a certain range of time? Nothing is sacred anymore.

Tangents aside, it was an unexpected pleasure to be able to see the dam again. I think the last time I was there, I was with my granddad, before he went blind.

I also talked to Nameless Boy today. I'd call the conversation ambiguous, semi-optimistic, and certainly not over. More details later, maybe. Or maybe not.

Tomorrow, (well, today) I'm going to Annapolis with Mike and Jacque, neither of whom I've seen since New Years. It's been blast from the past month.

Now, I'm going to sleep.

(DB) out.

No comments: