Monday, January 23, 2006

things that suck

Today has not been my day.

Short in my display cable makes it so I can't open laptop past 80 degree angle. Can barely read screen. And there's no way I can afford a new computer, period. And even if I could afford a Mac mini, I can't envision life without a laptop.

My car is still on the fritz.

I left my lunch at home, and am now at work until 8:00, with nothing in my stomach.

Today blows.

Tonight, I'm going to back up my hard drive, procure beer and some screwdrivers, and attempt to take my baby apart. The beer is in case I don't succeed.

I'd hoped my iBook would die in a blaze of glory, or at least in a fashion I'd be able to talk about. "Yeah, I dropped it in the toilet," or "yeah, it fell off a cliff," or "yeah, eaten by grizzlies." Not "display started malfunctioning at complete random."

If I fail, I'm pulling the logic board, sealing it up in a box (in case I need it later), and giving my baby a proper Viking burial. She's not dying like this.

(DB) out.

No comments: