Tuesday, January 24, 2006

things that don't suck

Going to Denny's with Tabby and eating junk food, and whining about boys.

Gratuitously abusing Photoshop, earning Devlin's scorn yet again.

The fact that my parents just discovered my brother's grades for last semester, and his lies and excess are soon to come to an end.

Also, the fact that karma is catching up to him. Homophobia is frowned upon by the real gods, who are probably all at least bi.

Not opening up one's computer because aside from not ever being able to take it anywhere again (ARGH) it still functions as a desktop

These are things that don't suck.

Aside from that, I've got no idea what's going on with me. The next two days promise to hold more laundry, and slightly more frustration about not being able to lug my computer everywhere in the house. My dad seems to think this is a good thing, as I'll be forced to explore life outside of the little off-white box I call home. I think he's wrong, and it'll just force me to discover a more intimate view of my room.

thom was preparing his podcast earlier (that links to his RSS feed, kiddies, so get a decent browser), and he read a poem that really hit home for me. Usually when I read his poems, some of them make sense and some of them don't. And I can't commit to religiously listening to more than one podcast at a time, so I rarely hear his poetry spoken. But the words flowed and evoked a not-so-dormant set of feelings from my cold, bitter heart.

Whether the words belong to you or not, sometimes it's euphoric to feel as one with language.

That and, from what thom said, there might be some Kelly Clarkson being howled, a capella, in the background. Three guesses as to who was unknowingly responsible for that.

I think I'm gonna get some rest. Even though I slept like a baby last night, I feel like I'm still not entirely caught up from the weekend. A demain,

(DB) out.

1 comment:

Thom Ingram said...

"Usually when I read his poems, some of them make sense and some of them don't." You and me both DB.

Click HERE to subscribe via iTunes: