Monday, January 30, 2006

Jan. 30 is Translucent Metaphor Day

karma- It would figure. The one night I start to think, "you know, I'm not gonna sit on my ass and watch TV, I'm gonna listen to The MoPod Show and tend to my blog," bam. No MoPod Show update. It would figure, as I haven't updated my own blog in a couple days.

The past few days have been eventful / not at all. I spent a lot of time watching Firefly, a sci-fi show that surprisingly enough, flew under my radar long enough that a feature film release brought it to my attention. It only ran for one season, and all 15 episodes are available OnDemand. Friday night, I didn't leave the house.

My sleep schedule's reversed itself over the course of the past few weeks. I've been working more nights than I was before, so now, the late-night hours are my afternoon. At least that's how it would seem. I don't know how I feel about that, but as long as i'm getting something close to enough sleep, I guess that's okay.

I've been on an emotional rollercoaster with Nameless Boy. I really think I must be a girl or something. I worry about things. He redeems himself with a few well-chosen words, not even knowing that's what he's doing. I stop worrying, then a few days later, it all repeats itself over again.

Everyone remember A and B days from middle/high school? It feels something like that. A Days = everything's fine in my head, B days = everything's going straight to hell, in my head.

This is probably because there's not enough going on in the world outside of my head for me to analyze or base any thought processes on.

I've been told before to stop thinking, and to just feel. Weird scenario: The presence of certain emotions doesn't fluctuate very much, but how much I'm affected by it certainly does.

Sailboats only move when there's wind filling their sails. And try though as we do, none of us can say with any certainty when wind is coming.

I'd almost declare it another Short Paragraph Day, but it's already been used up. Maybe today is "translucent metaphor day." Not transparent, because even though it doesn't take too much to see what I mean, it's not immediately apparent what exactly I'm referring to.

I think I'm going to take a nap now, because I've nothing else to do and every baby step I take towards getting my sleep schedule back to normal is a good step.

Random thought of the moment: I want to put on nice clothes and go out on a date, that isn't to Sushi Hana. That's more of a sanctuary for me now. Take me somewhere with nice food, low lights, and unobtrusive ambient music. I want to feel... you know, that ellipsis could just as well be a period.

(DB) out.

No comments: